Monday, January 17, 2011

By 4 am, I was no longer drenched in rain but sweat.

It's Sinulog weekend and its synonymous to the word PARTEEEYYY, at least for me. This year, I decided not to go out on the streets not only because it rained the whole day but I still felt hung-over from Saturday night's partying. I would have wanted to take snapshots of how festive the mood is on the streets but the weather just made me lazy and my head was throbbing with pain - damn you Smirnoff!. Saturday night was a blast. I'll sum it up in three words - RouteStop, HedKandi and Formo. Rea, Fritz and I decided to start the night out with a good dose of rum cola in RouteStop before heading out to the Hed Kandi event in CICC. There I met Carmelli and her friends, who I instantly got along really well with. House music was on the menu that night, only world-class electronic music. By 3am, we found ourselves dancing and at the same time singing to 80's and 90's hits at Formo which I was pleasantly surprised with (clubbing to me usually means dancing to house or hiphop). Woke up the next day at 12 noon and got text messages from almost everyone asking me of my whereabouts. I kept it as a secret. By night time, I was making my way into the streets, along with Rea and Fritz, all we saw was traffic and rain-drenched people. And we had to join in, we decided to walk and be soaked in the drizzling rain (with the exception of Fritz who brought his umbrella). By 4 am, I was no longer drenched in rain but sweat. We sure danced like there was no tomorrow.

Location:
Hed Kandi Event
CICC, Mandaue City

Sinulog Party
Mango Avenue, Cebu City

What I wore:
Checked Button Down Shirt (Uniqlo)
Stretched Black Skinnies (People Are People)
Black Sneakers (Vans in Half Cab Pro Skater Series)

Plaid Shirt (Thrifted)
Cuffed Chino Shorts (Bossini, DIY)
Gray Sneakers (Vans in Authentic)

1 comment:

Hey! Thanks for dropping by and leaving your comments! I truly appreciate it! Keep on smiling!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...